Nothing can be more refreshing than a vacation, a trip to an unknown part of the world, away from the monotony of everyday life. There are some who love adventure, hoping from one place to another while there are some who love are laid backs. If you are a lazy bug and want to spend your vacation days on the lap of luxury pampering yourself with posh hotels, premium flights and gourmet dinners, here are some of the best luxury travel tips carefully sorted out just for you.
- Planning is very essential before the execution of any plan. It helps you to stay focused. So after selecting your dream destination, make a list of must see places. Usually there many, so it is better to prioritize and leave out a few.
- Do not forget to re-new your passport before travelling. Most of the countries require a certain amount of time, usually six months remaining on your passport, so don’t leave a renewal until the last few months.
- After setting your passport ready, it’s time to book the tickets. Use mobile apps to manage your plans. You’ll find plenty of good flight search apps which will get the work done. Choose the flight that provides the best offer. Be careful as different flights give different names to same cabin type. Understand the differences before purchasing the ticket. Try to travel on cheaper fares so that you can splurge more on luxury hotels.
- In case of accommodation, look out for sales that luxury hotels. While dealing with a villa owner or hotel agent, always ask for discount. If you don’t ask, they will not offer.
- Always take a photocopy of your passport while you travel. Scan it and email it to yourself for safety precautions in case it gets lost.
- If you are planning on an extensive shopping spree abroad, notify your credit card company before travelling.
- Don’t forget to upgrade your accommodation, in hotel or in cruise for extra luxury.
- Consider destinations that are famous in luxury travel like Thailand, Dubai, Maldives.
- Arrive with style and attitude. Many hotel provide transfers in luxury cars like limo. You can also book for private transfers from airport to your accommodation.
Having said all that, the ultimate essence of a luxury travel depends solely on the traveler. So before everything, start by defining your sense of luxury travel. It may be about comfort in flight or ultra-comfortable accommodation, or luxury experiences. The choice is yours.